“I pray because I can’t help myself. I pray because I’m helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time-waking and sleeping. It does not change God – it changes me.” C.S. Lewis
Prayer is a really essential part of being a Christian and having fellowship with God. But why? Below are 5 reasons why prayer is so important.
- Jesus was constantly praying and so should we. So why did Jesus need to pray?
- He loved being with His father and enjoyed His company
- He knew He could do nothing by himself and He really believed it
- It was His source of power – there would be no miracles without constant communion with His father
- He knew spiritual authority came through prayer
Throughout the gospels we see Jesus praying:
- He got up early to pray (Mark 1:35-38)
- He often withdrew to lonely places and prayed (Luke 5:16)
- He stayed up all night praying before choosing his disciples (Luke 6:12)
- Prayer and miracles go hand in hand, because something happens in the spiritual realm when we pray, though we may not always notice or feel it. God’s presence is so much more than a feeling.Read More