Today’s post is written by one of my absolute favorite blogger friends, Joelle Angel of My Sunday Dress. So blessed to know this awesome woman of God and have known her for almost 2.5 years now (#timeflowsby). When I started my blog Joelle was one of the first people to jump on board and help me, support me and mentor what direction I was taking my blog. Besides working for RueLaLa you can find Joelle selling tees with inspiring messages on her site.
Written by Joelle Angel of My Sunday Dress (mysundaydress.com)
Hi everyone, my name is Joelle and I run the website My Sunday Dress. The vision for my work is to see every girl discover her passions, and live out her purpose. With that said, I’ve put together a step by step guide to help you get started. Throughout all of these steps remember that prayer is the most important piece. Inspiration from God will surpass any amount of brainstorming you can do on your own. Also, bring others into each step of the process, let them support and pray for you in areas you may need an extra hand.
- Identify your gifts– What are you good at? What do you enjoy doing? Who do you enjoy serving? Take some time to journal and reflect on your God given abilities and gifts. Often we feel that if we enjoy something too much then it’s not from “God,” as if ministry work should not be enjoyable. I believe this is totally false, God gave us passions for a reason, and he uses them to point us towards our God given purpose.
- Craft your vision statement– What do you want to see happen? If you put countless hours in, what would your desired end result be. It could be something along the lines of “I want to see all women hear the Gospel, “I want to see all girls get their wisdom from their bible over a magazine,” etc. Determining this early on will help you stay on track, and avoid wasted efforts.
- Find accountability– I’m sure Ida can tell you, running a blog takes a ton of hard work and long hours. If you are planning on living out your dream long term, you will need others around you to keep you motivated and pushing through the hard times. Find people that are excited about your vision and want to see it come to fruition. These people will motivate you when you get stuck, and push you when you are ready to give up.
- Set Goals– Use your vision statement as a compass when setting your goals. What milestones do you need to reach to ultimately see your vision come to life? Set short and long term goals that are attainable, so you don’t loose heart.
- Define your action steps– Start by making a simple list of what you need to do today to be closer to where you want to be tomorrow. What action steps can you take to get that much closer to reaching your next goal? Everything you do should be working towards your initial vision.
I’d love to learn more about you girls, comment below to share your passions with the Live Life Fully Alive Community and I!
Connect with Joelle: